Turning plans into reality
Raising the money needed is a big task… but we’re up for the challenge and well on the way.
So far, we’ve managed to raise over £2.7m!
We’re looking at a range of sources to secure what we need.
- grants from community and sports funds.
- donations by individuals, businesses and local community groups
- sponsorship from businesses
- fundraising events and activities
You can find out more about our progress in securing funding on the Plans & Progress page
We have won fantastic support from the following
Mumbles Community Council has signed a legal agreement granting Mumbles Community Association up to £1.24m towards the new facilities.
The Council has also approved a grant of £330,000 towards the cost of a new all-weather pitch.
The National Lottery Community Fund has awarded MCA £500k to build a new Community Hub & Café.
The amount has been increased to the maximum available to reflect the increased building costs
MCA has been awarded a grant of £250k from the Welsh Government’s Community Facilities Programme towards the construction costs of the new buidlings in Underhill Park.
Swansea Council has awarded a grant of £330k from the Economic Recovery Fund as match funding towards the construction costs of a new Floodlit AWP in Underhill Park.
Sport Wales’s Pitch Collaboration Group has approved a grant of £250k towards the construction costs of a new Floodlit AWP in Underhill Park in line with their focus on ensuring sport is accessible and safe.
Swansea Building Society has donated a further £40k to Go Underhill, to help redevelop facilities in the Park.
This brings their total donation to a magnificent £50,000
In addition, we’ve received significant donations from:
As well as
- Helen Gough donated £5,000 including Gift Aid in memory of her late husband James Thomas Michael aka Jimmy Crackers
- Nick Hansard, a former Mumbles RFC 1st XV player, has donated £5,000
- Local businessman, Rob Davies, has generously donated £10,000 in support of local sports
- Rob Hixson, who donated £2,500 in memory of his dad, Peter, a stalwart of Mumbles RFC
- A donor who wishes to remain anonymous, but who made significant donations in 2020, 2021 and 2022
- WRU, who granted £25,000 towards the cost of new changing rooms in early 2020. A further grant of £24,000 was awarded to Mumbles Rugby Club in June 2022, towards the cost of changing rooms 5 & 6
- Mumbles Old People’s Welfare Association, who donated over £9,000 in 2019
- Mumbles RFC member Keith Harris donated £5,000 to get things started!
Plus other individuals and businesses who have made smaller donations.
In kind support
A number of companies have helped us by donating in-kind, by providing us with free/discounted products or services
Our grateful thanks to the following:
- Huw Griffiths Architects for significant support with design and construction related matters
- DJM Solicitors for support with the range of complex legal issues the project has faced
- TW Thomas for discounted supply of sanitary ware for the new changing rooms
A huge thank you to all those who have supported Go Underhill so far
Help make it happen
Go Underhill is being delivered by the community, for everyone, so we need your help.
There are lots of ways you can support us to turn the plans into reality:
- Make a donation to our Charity – use the Donate page on this website and please tick ‘Gift Aid’ if you’re a UK tax payer as this will enable us to claim an extra 25% on top of your donation from UK Government. Remember, if you complete a tax return, you can save on your personal tax by declaring your charity donations.
- Support our Fundraising events and activities or set up one of your own. Let us know what you’re doing to raise money for Go Underhill and we’ll include it in our ‘Fundraising Activity’ page.
- Help us spread the word about Go Underhill and encourage people to support the development: tell your friends, share our news through your own social media, ask your employer to support us.
- Give us some of your time to help with our efforts. This is a community led development, so we welcome help from anyone who wants to get involved, whether you have a particular skill or are just a willing pair of hands, please get in touch.
For the latest updates check out our Plans and Progress pages and our Latest News