Turning plans into reality
Raising the money needed is a big task… but we’re up for the challenge and well on the way!
So far, we’ve managed to raise an amazing £1.6m!
We’re looking at a range of sources to secure what we need.
- grants from community and sports funds.
- sponsorship from businesses
- donations by individuals, businesses and local community groups
- fundraising events and activities
You can find out more about our progress in securing funding on the Plans & Progress page
Mumbles Community Council has signed a legal agreement granting Mumbles Community Association up to £1.2m towards the new facilities.
£325k of this is specifically towards the cost of a new all-weather pitch.
The National Lottery Communities Fund has awarded MCA almost £490k to build a new Community Hub & Cafe.
Read more in our News section
MCA has been awarded a grant of £250k from the Welsh Government’s Community Facilities Programme towards the construction costs of the new buidlings in Underhill Park.
Help make it happen
Go Underhill is being delivered by the community, for everyone, so we need your help.
There are lots of ways you can support us to turn the plans into reality:
- Make a donation to our Charity – use the Donate page on this website and please tick ‘Gift Aid’ if you’re a UK tax payer as this will enable us to claim an extra 25% on top of your donation from UK Government. Remember, if you complete a tax return, you can save on your personal tax by declaring your charity donations.
- Donate by buying through AmazonSmile – just by buying through the AmazonSmile website, and selecting Mumbles Community Association as your charity, you will be using your purchasing power to generate funding for Go Underhill. Find out more
- Support our Fundraising events and activities or set up one of your own. Let us know what you’re doing to raise money for Go Underhill and we’ll include it in our ‘Fundraising Activity’ page.
- Help us spread the word about Go Underhill and encourage people to support the development: tell your friends, share our news through your own social media, ask your employer to support us.
- Give us some of your time to help with our efforts. This is a community led development, so we welcome help from anyone who wants to get involved, whether you have a particular skill or are just a willing pair of hands, please get in touch.